Sunday, August 5, 2012


     THIS IS MY LAST POST FOR THE SUMMER (yesssssss!!!!!!!). I finished Fever 1793 today. I thought I was going to like it, and I was right. This book held my interest (which is very hard to do) because it had some exciting and gross parts in it.

     This book is for anyone who is looking for a book with some spooky and sad parts in it. Some spooky parts are when Matilda's mom vomits blood, or when Matilda's grandfather dies. Also, robbers take things out of their house while Matilda and her grandfather are in it, and Matilda is awake (it is during the night) when they rob the house.

     The sad parts are when Mattie (her nickname) almost dies from the fever and when her mother almost dies while she is watching. Also when doctors come to their house and give the wrong kind of treatment. These might be sad parts, but almost everybody is okay at the end of the book.

     This book was about the fever epidemic in Philadelphia in 1793. I learned that yellow fever is spread by the female Aedes Aegypti mosquito. There is a vaccine to prevent from getting yellow fever, but no cure has been found for the virus.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. I will try to remember you like "gross" next time I make a book recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a reminder to change your style of blogging for the 2013 assignment. I can't wait to hear how the books make you feel, what they make you thing about, or a thought that is spurred on by reading. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete