This next book was a fictional book, written by Trenton Lee Stewart. It was about 350 pages long and consisted of the protagonist, Nicholas Benedict, and three antagonists, John, Nicholas' friend, Violet, friend of both John and Nicholas, and Mr. Collum, the orphanage director. Nicholas and John are orphans, but Violet has a family. The three friendds secretly meet each night at an observatory. They talk about finding a treasure that a very wealthy family left behind at their house, which is now the orphanage...
The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict made me think about lots of things. Like the fact that a nine year old boy had such an excellent memory. He remembered everything he read, word for word! He had a way of knowing things so he could "see" the future, like when the orphanage bully was going to hit him, he predicted that he would hit him on the left side of his cheek with his right fist, because he learned that the bully hit all of his victims with that fist.
This was my challenge book because I don't usually read books about orphanages and the time period that I read in is not usually in the 50's - 60's. Also, this book had some hard words in it that I didn't know the meaning to, but I figured them out by using context clues. This was a great book, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes mystery and adventure, so read it to find out whether they find the treasure or even know what it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment