I read half of The London Eye Mystery recently, a great book written by Siobhan Dowd. Salim disappears while he is riding the London Eye alone. There are several theories about his disappearance, but I think he never got on the Eye, because he chose not to; however, I think he just got lost. His cousins, parents, the police, and other family members are looking for him, but they haven't found him yet. I am anxious to find out what happens, and if Salim is found.
Two of the reasons I chose to read this book are because it looked interesting, and because I have been on the London Eye, which is also called the Millennium Wheel. When I rode the London Eye in 2010, it was really cool! My favorite was the pods, because it felt like I was in the future. The pods are made of metal and plexiglass, and the benches looked like they were built in 2020.
Here are some facts about the London Eye:
1) It is 135 meters tall.
2) It contains 32 capsules/pods.
3) From the top, on a clear day, you can see about 25 miles!
4) The entire wheel weighs about 2,100 tonnes (whatever that is).
This book was and will be a great book. I look forward to finishing it and finding out if Salim is found. I hope you read it too, because The London Eye Mystery is full of excitement.
No comments:
Post a Comment